As consumers are rapidly adopting social media to voice their disdain about companies, Forrester has surveyed companies on how best to harness the power of the “cloud” to transform those customer experiences. They examined trends for benefits, costs and risks.
In an upcoming teleconference on the topic, Forrest will explain that savvy executives found that smart companies use five emerging best practices:
- Begin by taking ownership of the social media initiative.
- Determine your customer social media goal.
- Keep a laser focus on the customer experience.
- Understand the fast-changing social technology landscape.
- Build a strong business case for change.
By following these best practices, companies can use social media to enrich customer experiences, reduce customer service costs, and transform their businesses.